9/10: Added one more bullet item that should have been included in this announcement
Much of this update is focused on speeding up our page and image downloads. This was done by minimizing the number of round-trip requests to the web server, compressing and caching as much as possible, and minimizing the size of files that aren't compressed and cached. Only script, stylesheet, and image files that are part of third-party controls that we use were left alone. In most cases, the new pages request half as many files (22 vs. 45) and around 118 KB less in non-cached files.
Here is a graphic that shows how much the image files have been optimized:
- Update: Many of the icons are now integrated into one sprite image.
More info: http://css-tricks.com/css-sprites/
reducing the number of HTTP requests has the biggest impact on reducing response time and is often the easiest performance improvement to make.
- Update: Zendesk single sign-on connection has been updated to the new JWT format.
More info: https://support.zendesk.com/entries/23675367
- New: Feedback link added at the bottom of pages that brings up a support form right on the page.
- Update: Login page layout refreshed and Sign In button changed to use a click-once button.
- Update: The Metric edit form in the grid has been redesigned, including listing the thresholds in the same order as the Metric page header.
- Update: Stylesheet (CSS) clean-up to allow the file to be better compressed.
- Update: Now using version Q2 2013 of Telerik's ASP.NET AJAX controls.
More info: http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/whats-new/release-history/q2-2013-version-2013-2-611.aspx
- Fix: Redirect Loop error when your default page was set to your My Connection page.
- New: Project module now hides completed projects that ended more than 30 days ago by default. A new filter button in the module header can be used to show the completed projects once again if needed.
- Update: Editing the page header on a metric page now toggles between showing the current color or a color picker based on whether the "Color by Value" option is selected.
- [9/10 Edit] New: Default security settings for project metrics, tasks, and dialogs are now included on the organization and department security pages. These settings were always there, but they were previously only set at the site level and couldn't be changed once the organization or department was created unless the settings were changed for the entire site. Now, they show up under the Project Sub-Settings heading at the bottom of the security page.