To create an Individual dialog, click the green + sign icon under Dialogs. Add the name of the Dialog and click Insert. The Dialog date will appear on the Dialog list of dates. Click on the dialog date link you just created, and the dialog will open in a full web page. You will see a blank agenda box. Click the edit pencil. If you have had a previous Dialog, you will then see last month’s agenda on the right and a blank agenda to edit on the left. If you want to copy the agenda from last month (then edit it), click the green arrow in the center between the two agendas and the agenda on the right will automatically copy into the agenda on the left. You can then make any adjustments to the current agenda on the left. Click Update to save the changes.
The same procedure will work for Basic Role comments on the Individual Dialog. In the Basic Role Module, you will note that the Basic Roles are automatically copied from the Basic Role on the main page along with Basic Role indicators. When you roll over each Basic Role header, the edit pencil appears. There is the word “comment” under each Basic Role. Click the edit pencil to edit the Basic Role. This is where you can type in your comment. When you click the pencil to edit the Basic Role, you can use the Basic Role comments from the previous month (that you see on the right). Place your cursor where you want the copy from last month to appear in the current month dialog. Click the green arrow and the Basic Role comments from last month will automatically copy to the cursor in the left box. Edit as desired. Click Update to save your changes.
This is a great way to have a conversation with the boss on the next month's priorities for the employee. The employee can then change percentages on the Basic Role to make sure that the Basic Role represents the employee's priorities.
Below is a Sample Individual Dialog Agenda- to be discussed with the Employee's Boss (the Employee "owns" the agenda and leads the conversation.) The boss is in the role of coach. The is NOT a performance review, this is a discussion for Boss and Employee to agree on the Employee's job priorities for the next month and for the Boss to provide coaching as appropriate.
- The purpose of the following information is to provide you with some guidelines for an effective Monthly Individual Dialog session. (Please utilize this outline as you and your Coach feel appropriate.)
- Use the Individual Connection "Basic Role" as an agenda or outline for discussion
- Provide feedback on quantitative and qualitative indicators (Individual Metrics and Connected Metrics)
- Discuss and problem solve (as appropriate)
- Current Projects and project work
- Provide feedback on the Current Status, pending issues, and results achieved
- Discuss the cost/benefit of the work to date, and any needed changes
- Personal Development and Team Development:
- Review the focus of the employee's individual and team development
- Discuss the actions you've taken, and the corresponding insight/learning
- Identify your personal and team development plans for the next 30 days
Refocus the Individual Connection:
- Reach consensus (with your Coach) on any changes that need to be made to your Individual Connection -- and make them happen
- Reach consensus on the follow-up actions required by either you or your Coach between now and the next Dialog session -- see View/Edit Dialog or New Dialog
- Date for Next Dialog: