Creating a Project
To create a project, click on the the Organization or Department tab, select the Add symbol in the Project Module to open the Create a Project edit window.
Input the data that will provide Users with information about the project:
- Project Name (keep this short, you can add a description later)
- Project Color (tells the other viewers about the “health” of the project)
- Status (how resources are being used in relation to the project status i.e. current – currently being worked on, queued – waiting for resources to work on it, long-term queued, completed, etc.)
- Phase (project phases i.e. business case, design, construction, testing, production, etc.)
- Dates – Projected and Actual
- Rank – you can drag and drop the project to the order of priority you desire
- Click “Update” to save the information.
After you have created a project, filled in the information shown above, you can click update and begin to enter the information for the following items.
- Add Project description (use short name for the project name - and more detail of the project in Project description)
- Add Project Team Members (Consultant, Sponsor, Leader, and Member)
- Add Scope and Evaluation Criteria
- Add Tasks
- Add Related Documentation for the Project
- Add Project meeting dates
- Add Metrics for the Project
The Help video on Creating and Editing Projects
- Creating/Editing the Project
- Adding Project Detail (Status, Dates, Project Phase, And Project Color Code)
- Adding The Project Team Members
- Team Consultant Role
- Team Sponsor Role
- Team Leader Role
- Team Member Role
- Adding Project Scope and Evaluation Criteria
- What is a Project Draft
Please sign in to leave a comment.