Happy New Year!
Users Roundtable -
Our Users Roundtable will be held
Connections Online 4.0 New Features Webinar
Wednesday, January 6th or Wednesday, February 10th at
Connections Online 4.0 Application Training Webinar
Thursday, January 21st or
Jim Cardwell’s Educational Webinar
“How to Build a Connected Project Management Culture”
Our Guest Speaker for this 30-minute discussion will be Ken Senus, SVP of IT at Navigant Credit
Click here to register.
Past Educational Webinar Recordings - Go to http://www.connectionsonline.net/news Then click on the Events tab for a listing of our past Educational webinars.
Click here to link to our Training Library
We finished 2009’s Educational Webinar Series this month by talking about Dialogs – what they are and how to optimize them. Here’s a quick summary of what was discussed.
Dialogs are highly interactive, team-based, open and collaborative. Information bounces around the room; it does not all go through the leader. Dialogs drive problem identification, discovery and problem-solving. They build team pride – they show that the organization is progressing and that individuals are making a difference. Peers have high expectations regarding individual preparation and performance. Dangling items are captured, and there is follow-through.
Dialogs bring people and functions together to discuss progress-to-plan. They provide a forum for reinforced accountability. They create a team-based conversation around what people need to do to keep those functions moving successfully forward. Of equal importance, they celebrate successes and problem-solve any shortfalls. They also build organization pride and productivity. And the ringmaster who drives this pride and productivity is the leader.
Leadership characteristics that drive this productivity include:
· Creating a sense of Purpose (leaders create an emotional feeling that “we are doing something special here”)
· Using 80-20 thinking, establishing a few meaningful Goals (narrowing the list to the most important goals that will have the biggest impact)
· Providing on-going Feedback (clarifying expectations; managing by walking around; creating a relationship of “no surprises”)
· Providing Support (being there for people – from both a resource and an emotional standpoint)
· Ensuring timely Recognition and Reward (consistently recognizing and reinforcing achievements in a timely fashion)
· Building a sense of Team (setting an expectation that it takes everyone in the organization to make it work)
This is where
Jim Cardwell’s Educational Webinar – “How to Build a Connected Project Management Culture”
Click here to register for this webinar.
4.0 Tips of the Month
We will be releasing a series of updated and new reports at the end of this month.
If you know someone outside of your company who may be interested in learning more about
Client Care Notes
To view previous Connections Online Newsletters, go to http://www.connectionsonline.net/news and then click on the Newsletters tab for a listing of our past newsletters.
Connections Online Migration
If you have not already done so, and are ready to migrate to 4.0, please contact
Monthly Calendar of Webinar Events Link:
Go to this link and click on the Events Tab - then choose Calendar of Web Events from the list:
(440) 892-1410 or (800) 395-1410