Connections Online 4.0 Advanced Features Webinar
Wednesday, November 3rd at 1:30 EST
This 30-minute training webinar highlights advanced functionality of Connections Online 4.0 and Q&A.
Click here to register
Connections Online 4.0 Application Training Webinar
Wednesday, October 27th at 1:30 EST
Wednesday, November 17th at 1:30 EST
This 60-minute training webinar dives deeper into an overall “how to use” Connections Online 4.0.
Click here to register for October
Click here to register for November
“Managing Connections Through Measurement”
In this month’s Connect with Leaders Webinar Jim will address two ways to measure if Connections is working.
Tuesday, October 26th at 1:30 EST
Click here to register
Past Educational Webinar Recordings For a listing of our past Educational Webinars, use this link: http://www.connectionsonline.net/news/events.aspx
Click here to link to our Training Library
If you know someone outside of your company who may be interested in learning more about Connections Online, we have an informational webinar scheduled on Thursday, October 28th at 1:30 PM EST - Please pass this link on to them to register: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/349233499
Connections Online Migration
If you have not already done so, and are ready to migrate to 4.0, please contact Karla Norwood at 800.395.1410.
Jim Cardwell’s Educational Webinar: Managing Connections Through Measurement
I was recently with a client who asked, “How can I measure if Connections is working?” There are some easy answers like: You’re hitting your numbers; You’re getting projects done; People are showing up and actively participating; and, You can see a positive difference in your performance culture. These are all good answers—but they’re all lagging indicators. They measure the past. Is there a way to predict the effectiveness of Connections, or to track the degree it is working?
In this month’s Connect with Leaders Webinar we will look at two ways to address these issues.
Click here to register
The following functionality will soon be available -- If you have not already subscribed to COL IQ, please contact Karla Norwood at 800-395-1410 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· MS Project Connector: this allows a Project Manager to create the project in MS Project and sync the project with a COL-hosted MS Project server. Once the project is on the project server, the project server will sync with Connections to create the project detail in Connections. Then the project team members can use the COL interface to update the project tasks, etc. The Project Manager can then pull the project off the project server and update their input using MS Project, then re-sync, and all updates will be reflected in both “directions” – from MS Project server and also from COL.
· Roll-up and link metrics: for example, your VP Branch Operations on the branch operations department page could have a parent metric – called “total loan metrics”. Then subordinate to all loan metrics, the VP could “link” the loan metrics from the first branch with total loan metrics, then link second branch loan metrics, etc. – and add those together on the branch operations department page to be the sum for “total loan metrics”. The linking function allows the owner of the first branch loan metric to change the metric on their department page and it will automatically show the change on the VP Branch Operation’s page, and the “total loan metrics” sum will also change with the subordinate metrics changes. The VP can also link to the other metrics without doing a calculation. Of course, you could do the same kind of thing on the Organization page.
· We also have a new report listing (by hierarchy) all metrics for organization and departments (plus checking box for all project metrics).
· As a member of COL IQ we are also looking for new reports that our customers want and other functionality (like Outlook connection, RSS feeds, etc.)
4.0 Tips of the Month
Deleting an Organization or Department
Before deleting an organization or department on the site page, check to see what individuals have this org/dept listed as their primary department. These individuals will need to be changed to a new org/dept on the site page before deleting the old one. You can edit this on their people pages. Click on the pencil next to their name and an edit box will pop up. Change the primary department and, if necessary, the person they report to. Once this has been changed, save your changes. Now the old department they were attached to can be deleted.
Follow-Up Tasks on the People Page
The follow-up tasks come from the Dialogs, which are the meeting agendas and meeting minutes module on the right column of all four main tabs. When there is a follow-up task for someone to do, which was assigned from that meeting, it is noted in the dialog. For whom the task is assigned will appear on their People Tab in the meeting task follow-up module. There is a short movie explaining this in the “Training Library” http://www.connectionsonline.net/docs/training-library.doc. The direct link to the movie is: http://www.connectionsonline.net/docs/dialogs_ demo/dialogs_ demo.htm.
Inactivate a user and keep past history of tasks
A user cannot be “inactivated” per se. Connections is really about the WORK that a person is responsible for.
If you are tracking the “work” like tasks in a project, if you delete the employee/user, the project tasks are not deleted (the person’s name associated with the task is deleted, so you would have to assign the task work to someone else, but you don’t lose the task itself.) You do lose the person’s basic role, however, if you delete the user. We recommend that people do not delete an employee when they are terminated. Immediately change their password and delete their email address so they can’t log in or get a temporary password. We recommend that the COL admin person makes a hard copy of their basic role, Individual Connection Report and all dialogs on their People Tab for HR, then delete all dialogs from their People Tab. The Admin should delete personal tasks if not work related, and all comments and tasks associated with the Basic Role (but do not delete the Basic Role). Then the Admin should change the name of the User to “TBD” if they are going to replace the person – remember, this system is about the WORK and then who OWNS the work. When the new person is hired, they can replace that person’s name with TBD and that person can re-negotiate the Basic Role, Project Work tasks, etc.
Individual Dialogs–Copy and Paste From Last Month
Click here for an explanation on how to copy and paste the comments from the previous month, rather than “starting new” each month with a new comment.
Client Care Notes
To view previous Connections Online Newsletters, go to http://www.connectionsonline.net/News/Newsletters.aspx
Monthly Calendar of Webinar Events Link:
Go to this link and then choose Calendar of Web Events from the list: http://www.connectionsonline.net/News/Events.aspx
24481 Detroit Road, Suite 300
Cleveland, OH 44145
(440) 892-1410 or (800) 395-1410
Please sign in to leave a comment.